Question : Problem: Tape stuck in drive on Dell Powervault

Hi,
I have a Dell Powervault 136T library. It has three Dell 110T 320 SDLT drives in it. One of the drives is having problems. It has a tape stuck in it and has all leds flashing. I have gone through all the dell steps to eject with no success.
Now I want to just unplug this drive and use the remaining two. If I just unplug it, should it work ok, or would I need to do some CSI config. If so, where do I do his, id it by going into the SCSi controller while the server is going through POST?

Answer : Problem: Tape stuck in drive on Dell Powervault

I haven't worked with that specific product but certainly plenty of similar products.  The short answer is, if you unplug it and reboot the machine it is connected to, you should no longer see the drive in the POST.  You may need to remove it from the device manager of your windows server.  You may also need to go into your backup application and removed the drive in there as well.  Beyond that you should be fine.

If that doesn't work, there really is no harm in leaving the drive in the system simple exclude it from your backup software as a target device.

Chace
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us