Question : Problem: Silent installation and customization

I would like to deploy the application below from Computers and structure.
The steps I want to follow are below
1) SAP2000 V12 --> Install it silently using the sap2000.msi that I have already extracted.
2) Extract the recent update --> I am not sure how to do this part
3) shortcuts for SAP2000 V12 Advanced and PLUS.--> This is the level of the program that can be executed with.

I will try to be as specific and clear as I can.
so far i was able to do this installation manually on users computers that steps I followed so far I below
1) I ran the setup.exe --> this installs the program under C:\program files\computers and structures\SAP 2000 12\
2) I copy the files from the extract patch to  C:\program files\computers and structures\SAP 2000 12\
3) I create a text file called Level.TXT under C:\program files\computers and structures\SAP 2000 12\
in the text file I write Plus. and created the SAP2000.exe shortcut to the desktop.
4) Now when I start the program it opens it as plus version.
5) For Advanced I make a folder C:\program files\computers and structures\SAP 2000 12 Advanced\
6) I copy all the contents under C:\program files\computers and structures\SAP 2000 12\
7) I change the Level.txt and edit to have Advanced. and sent the sap2000.exe to the desktop. Now when I open it the program will open in Advance mode.

Ofcourse I modify the shortcut name to plus and advance to distingusih the modes.

My question is how can I install this automatically using sms. I have extracted the msi package of the setup.exe and that is fine but I am having trouble with doing from Step 3 --> 7 for Plus mode and advance mode.
I have added the snapshots but I need some guide or if there is another way of installing this software.

Answer : Problem: Silent installation and customization

Besides the option above you may also try these:

Orca, MSITran, WinInstaller LE, MakeMSI, Prism Deploy or Admin Studio.

Most are free but the Admin Studio will cost some some moneis but has been well worth it from what I have used it for.

Hope these help.

-Cheers-
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us