Question : Problem: Kaspersky keeps crashing my computer

I have Kaspersky AV pro 4.5 installed on my computer. I have set Kaspersky to scan my computer every night at 11:00pm. For the last few nights (about 4), at 11:00 exactly, my computer has crashed. For example, if I'm downloading anything, the download time will freeze, and if I try to click on any apps or icons, nothing happens. My keyboard is still working though, because I can make my Caps Lock light turn on and off. Can anyone help me. I don't know if this makes any difference, but every time it has crashed Shareaza has been running as well (I've never had any compatibility problems with it in the past though). the reason why I'm sure that it is Kaspersky causing the problem, is because the problem has always been at 11:00pm, the same time as Kaspersky is set to scan my computer.

Answer : Problem: Kaspersky keeps crashing my computer

Another thing to try as well as the advice given above (which is good) is to run a virus/spyware scan in safemode so that it can delete any files that it would otherwise be unable to.

The best things to do in such situations is to just reinstall the product. Other things to try:

Run a chkdsk. Make sure your drive integrety is sound.
Defrag your drive: It won't hurt.
Remove any unwanted or unused programs.
It wouldn't hurt to try a registry cleaner as some of these will remove malicious or redundent keys and values from the registry (which can cause problems).

Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us