Question : Problem: Is there an Iphone app similar to Blackberry 8700c MessageAlerts app for email, SMS and phone messages

I'm currently using a Blackbery 8700c here with MessageAlerts app on it to filter and notify me of incoming e-mail and SMS/Phone messages based on subject, email address, etc. and I'm thinking of switching to an Apple iphone 3G (the BB is 4 years old) and I have found equivilant apps for everything on the iphone except this function. I work in IT and get numerous automated status mails/pages to the BB and without an app like this for the iphone (or some way to filter and notify like it) I don't see that switching away from the BB platform is viable at this time.

Has anyone seen such an app or know of  a way to get this working? Email would be via an Exchange Server with Active Sync. (mailstreet.com is the provider).

Thanks,
George

Answer : Problem: Is there an Iphone app similar to Blackberry 8700c MessageAlerts app for email, SMS and phone messages

No there is nothing like this at the app store. Apps are not permitted to do this because they cant run in the background, and it wouldnt be very effective if you only got alerts while the app was running. So sorry to say you wont see anything in the app store for this. Now on the illegal side with Installer/Cydia, it is possible, but I havent seen anything to do this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us