Question : Problem: New Ipod Classic 160GB doesnt sync - corrupt hard disk?

Hi - I just got a new 160GB Ipod Classic for Christmas and I cant get the damnned thing to synchronise - I have tried about 10 times now, both on the latest version of Itunes on both Vista and Xp. Every time it gets through somehwere between 10GB and 20GB worth of music, it stops and freezes Itunes. The Synchronising screen disappears from the Ipod and instead a Connected screen shows. Itunes doesnt respond to anything, and I cannot eject the ipod. When I shut everything off and reconnect, it says that the ipod has between 10GB and 20Gb of Unknown files, and then starts to synchronize again wiping everything. I just tried it again and I heard a repititive clicking sound about 6 times before it froze. I managed to eject safely this time, and my music is still there, but should it really be this temperamental?

One other thing, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Itunes, plus I have also performed about 3 or 4 restores through Itunes

Answer : Problem: New Ipod Classic 160GB doesnt sync - corrupt hard disk?

Sounds like you have a faulty hard drive in the device.  I would recommend returning it and getting it echanged.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us