Question : Problem: Citrix windows dissappearing, blue screens and unable to print - very eratic behavior

We recently switched from a MPLS connection to a VPN between two Sonicwall devices (a Pro 2040 and a NSA 240).  The VPN has been stable.  The only issue we had was when an IKE exchange occurred every 8 hours it would disconnect ICA sessions for about 30 secs.  I changed the key duration to 15 hours and reconnected early one morning to make the interval happen outside of office hours.

Lately however we began having select Citrix sessions drop.  The windows actually disappear.  The users can immediately connect right back to the disconnected sessions.  Its not happening to everyone in the office.  One user logs into Citrix in the morning, gets a blank blue screen (no icons or taskbar), logs in again and gets her desktop but can't print, then the third time everything works.

I can't find any rhyme or reason to any of this.  We are running Metaframe XP on Windows Server 2003.  This behavior did not occur when we were on the MPLS connection.  This has to have something to do with the VPN... possibly packet loss or something, but I can't really figure out how to log this to log for packet loss.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Citrix windows dissappearing, blue screens and unable to print - very eratic behavior

The solution was to downgrade the CitrixXenApp client to an older version of the client.  When I did this the connection issues all but disappeared.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us