Question : Problem: APC UPS vs AEG UPS for newbie to choose.

Hi all,

I am planned help my company choose the UPS for three HP ML350 G5 Server.

Now have the APC and AEG
APC is well know world wide ...
AEG is here (http://www.powersupplysystems.com/pdf/dl/compact_ups_gb.pdf)

for the APC, I am look for the RT Series with Rack 3000kV model ...

for the AEG, it is the C3000 compare with APC, but need addition battery for the same full load time (Please read the PDF from AEG web site)

But the AEG Rack version have two set, 4U Rack like the PDF Photo you see. It include a Battery model, it can placed 4 battery ... but APC need buy the other Ext. Battery Model, and I don't know it include the battery of this ext. module or not, and how much the other battery or can add how much battery of the EXt. Module (for exaple, for the RT 3000VA RM APC's, it Ext Battery Module is "SURT192RMXLBP", I don't know it build-in have how many battery, and still can add addition battery on it or not etc)

So now both for me look like hard to decided and choose.,,,,

I am new on UPS, and now need either choose one. Which one is better?
Compare with this for newbie
1. Install (Easy or not)
2. Battery Run Time
3. Extend Battery Install (Easy or not)
4. Support and Service (For example, if it broke, replace full product or something parts, I am in Hong Kong SAR, The AEG I finded the Reseller, they said can official hour free replace the failed full product, but APC I don't know.)
5. Others (Something a newbie of UPS that have not thinking)

Any user that had the experience of AEG or APC is welcome.

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: APC UPS vs AEG UPS for newbie to choose.

In my opinion APC is the way to go.  Global leader in PS systems.
I purchased one similar to what you were looking at.  The only help I needed was for an electrician to get the right 208v outlet into the building.
Other then that it was easy
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us