Question : Problem: BlackBerry setup for one region only

I am the IT manager for our overseas division. Our company has two divisions one overseas in Germany and our Corporate HQ in New Hampshire. Our Corporate HQ setup a BlackBerry server and it rolled out a few BlackBerries with no issues, our CEO now wants us to use it here overseas. The administrator handling this told me that we have to install our own BlackBerry server because of the following:
The BlackBerry setup in US uses the SRP us.srp.blackberry.net thus all BlackBerries provisioned for US will work fine; however, our BlackBerries in Germany will not or cannot be setup for our BlackBerries will be searching for a server in the srp.eu.blackberry.net I think an European BlackBerry network.

Our domain is broken down into a parent/child, the Germany domain is the child domain, we have our own Exchange Server and Corporate has theirs, we have our own AD and they have their own AD, but they are the parent domian which has more control over us. My question is, IS THE ADMINISTRATOR correct and is there a workaround to this? I don't want to spend over 5 thousand $$$ to install a server overseas when we can do it from our Corporate HQ BlackBerry server.

Thank you,

J

Answer : Problem: BlackBerry setup for one region only

To test if the permissions are set right, you can run the IEMSTest.exe application. In your case, you might ask the BES admin to run it. It is located C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility\ run it from a command prompt (i always run it from the server, but suppose you dont need to).

This will verify that the BES Admin account has access to open the user's mailbox and modify data inside.

If that checks out ok, It is most likely option 1 that amorgan2000 mentioned.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us