Question : Problem: Virtual PC 2007 x64 Running In Windows Server 2008 x64 w/o Hyper-V

I am currently running Virtual PC 2007 x64 with three VMs hosting WinXP Pro SP3 x86 within a dual-core PC using Windows 2008 Server x64 without Hyper-V in a SBS 2003 R2 environment.  The Win2k8 server is setup as a member server.  I have the 3 VMs setup for RDP access with separate port numbers.  I am only using one physical broadcom integrated gigabit NIC.  Will having more than one physical NIC make things run more faster and efficiently?  The machine is an HP workstation with Dual-Core P-4 3.00 GHz and 4.0 GB of DDR2/667.  The OS is Windows 2008 Server x64 Standard, and 1 SATA 80 GB HDD & 1 SATA 160 GB HDD. Please advise.  Thank you!

Answer : Problem: Virtual PC 2007 x64 Running In Windows Server 2008 x64 w/o Hyper-V

MAYBE... but probably not.

If your users are transferring files to and from the VMs or doing ill-advised things like moving a 1 GB file between two servers using the servers shares from a workstation, then yes, two NICs may improve things... but strictly speaking, RDP is a LIGHTWEIGHT protocol - using 20-50K at MOST.  That means one connection to a VM workstation is using .5% (not 5% - POINT 5%) of the total available bandwidth.  At MOST.  The three VMs are probably utilizing about 1% of the bandwidth available most of the time.

If the users are only working in Outlook and Word and Excel (for the most part), then their utilization is virtually inconsequential.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us