Question : Problem: Print functionality works fine but I cannot scan to my PC using HP Solution Center.

I recently swapped my DLink DI-624 wireless router with a Linksys WRVS4400N wireless router with VPN and now I cannot scan to my PC using the HP Solution Center software.   I can ping the printer, I can print to the printer and I can even access the printers web tool via an internet browser but when I try to scan the HP Solution Center sofware just hangs for a min or so and then presents an error message "Please ensure your device is connected and working properly and try again".   Today I tried reinstalling the old router and again I can ping the printer, I can print to the printer and I can even access the printers web tool via an internet browser but when I try to open the HP Solution Center sofware I get the following error message: "No HP devices have been detected. HP Solution Center will close now."   My laptop is wireless to the Linksys router, the printer is ethernet via ethernet extender (device that plugs into an electrical outlet by the printer and one by the router - then uses the homes elecrical wires to for ethernet conectivity between the extenders) Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated!

PC: IBM T60p Laptop running Vista Ultimate
Router: Linksys WRVS4400N
Printer: HP 2840 All-In-One
Scan Software: HP Solution Center - Full Version v3.1

James

Answer : Problem: Print functionality works fine but I cannot scan to my PC using HP Solution Center.

PAQed with points refunded (500)

Computer101
EE Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us