Question : Problem: Agfa DuoScan T1200 compatible with Vista?

Good Day All,

I have just realized that the best product (Hardware) that I have ever owned belongs to the company with the worst website I have ever visited. Just thought I'd share that.

Anywho.... I have an Agfa DouScan T1200 that I have owned for probably 6 or 7 years, maybe more. I have not turned this thing off once but to move it from my old Dell Dimension last year to my new Dell Dimension. It has run incredibly well and produces true quality scans via its friendly twain software - Agfa FotoLook v3.6.0. I cannot say enough about how much this product makes my life easier, from it's huge 11X14 bed, negative tray, overall stability etc. I use it for my business and my personal pictures and documents.

OK... so I guess you can tell I just adore this little puppy. So much so that if it won't work with Vista I ain't goin' ta Vista!

It connects to my PC via an Adaptec AHA-2940U2W Ultra2 SCSI PCI card that originally came with it. Believe it or not, but Dell actually bought this for me to shut me up after some incredible issues I was having. I actually reached Mr. Dell's office and complained in the right ear. They replaced my Umax (approx. $400) with this awesome (approx. $1,200) - no questions asked.

My mobo, video, sound, RAM etc. are all good to go with this upgrade, and so are all my peripherals. But I need to know FOR SURE if this scanner will work as well.

The AGFA website is the oddest thing and it's own search bot doesn't even recognize the model number. So... if someone can produce some type of 'proof' that I'll be good to go I will gladly award them 500 points!

I've looked on Microsoft's site, Agfa's poor site and I googled for an hour - no luck.

Please help!

Answer : Problem: Agfa DuoScan T1200 compatible with Vista?

it exists here :
http://www.agfa.com/digicam_scanner_drivers/scanner/duoscan/
and it is only listed up to XP

from their webpage :

Agfa discontinued its DTP scanner product line Agfa discontinued its DTP scanner product line (SnapScan, DuoScan, Horizon and Arcus range) and digital cameras (ePhoto, ActionCam, StudioCam) at the end of 2001.

Driver & software downloads as well as manuals for Windows (95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP not for every model!) and Mac platforms MAC (Classic, Classic, OS X not for every model!) remain available on this webpage. Agfa does not provide any further support.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us