Question : Problem: ddr memory - ecc or non-ecc

My motherboard is an Asrock P4I65G - it can take up to 2GB of non-ecc DDR memory.
I've bought 2 x 1GB DDR memory sticks but can't tell if they're non-ecc  or ecc - the pc won't boot with them - no beeps.
The chips have Samsung K4H510438D-UCCC written on them

Answer : Problem: ddr memory - ecc or non-ecc

As far as I can see (there is very little info and none of it seems to be in english) these chips are unbuffered, non-ecc. Also, as has been said, if they were ecc the seller probably would have stated this as it would have increased their value.
Also, it seems that your motherboard should work with these sticks as it supports DDR400 and you've said it supports 1GB per slot.
All I can suggest is trying your old sticks to see if the board has somehow died in the process of installing the RAM, and if its still works, then try one of the new sticks at a time and try each stick in both slots. You could also try resetting the bios defaults (by the jumper, or by removing the battery on the motherboard and disconnecting the power).
Also, was this motherboard bought separatley, or did it come in an OEM system? Its weird to not get a beep code if there is a problem with the RAM.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us