Question : Problem: AudioFX Pro 5+1 USB Headset makes Buzzing noise anytime there is sound

I recently purchased the AudioFX Pro 5+1 Headset and i am getting a "buzzing" sound anytime there is sound output, but only on my desktop computer.  I have tested them on my HP Laptop and they work perfectly on it, but on my desktop PC it makes the buzzing noise.

The noise itself is fairly low in comparison to the sound output, but is quite audible and annoying .  It is affecting not only the sound output to the headphones, but also the sound input from the microphone also has noise as well.

i have downloaded the updated driver from the edimensional website and uninstalled/reinstalled and I have tried disabling the onboard audio, ive tried it in multiple usb ports(front and rear) on the motherboard as well as the usb ports on my logitech G15 keyboard and still have the buzzing sound. The buzzing sound is only present when sound is being played, by this i mean when im idle on the desktop its silent, as soon as i start a game/app or do something (mail notification/windows sounds etc.) that has sound the buzzing starts and it goes away when the sound ends.

System Specifications:
Operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
Intel QX6700 quad-core CPU @2.66Ghz
BFG NForce 680i SLI motherboard
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 1066MHz NVIDIA SLI-Ready XTC Edition 2GB (2x1024MB) Dual Channel Kit
2x BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
BFG Ageia PhysX card
4x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache (RAID 5)
Enermax Galaxy ATX/BTX 850 W (950W PEAK) PFC Power Supply
This is a self-built system (approx 6-7 months ago) and is running at stock speeds and has never been overclocked. it

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Lane

Answer : Problem: AudioFX Pro 5+1 USB Headset makes Buzzing noise anytime there is sound

it seems like a motherboard problem.Depending on how far you want to go to troubleshoot, you could try another OS (on a separate partition) or a PCI to usb card
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us