Question : Problem: Recording Cassettes to PC

I have a music library in Wmp of 236 CDs and i wld like to add some of my old cassettes to the library to improve some playlists.  I bot a machine called Tape2PC which i am finding a bit complicated and dosen,t appear to accept handmade compilation cassettes and integrating it with Audacity.  In perusing Google. i see that i shld be able to record cassettes to my pc using my Walkman.  I got the Mini-Stero Audio Cable and attached it to the Walkman and the line-in on the speaker card and using Audacity as the software to do the recording. I recorded music to Audacity on a trial basis and it is on file in Audacity but i can,t play it.  I apologize for the long intro to my question which is:  Am i on the right 'track' being, can the cassettes be transferred as per above.  The second part of my question is: assuming that i,m on the right track; why can,t i hear the music as i am recording it like i can on Tape2PC?  I have an onboard SigmaTel soundcard but it only has the generic driver and i,m presently unable to download an update either thru msft or the SigmaTel website. My installed soundcar has 4 recording devices listed.  First, a microphone - '2-usb audio codec- working'.  Next a HD audio Device - working but can,t record with it. Next, another HD audio device but currently 'unavailable'. Last item 'Line In' -currently unavailable.  I cld get a new soundcard if advised but wld prefer to avoid starting all over again unless necessary.  Wld appreciate you recommendations.

Answer : Problem: Recording Cassettes to PC

basically you are on the right track you can hook your walkman to "audio in" jack on your sound card
although I would not suggest using the onboard sound card but rather something like m-audio sound cards because you"ll get a far better quality with them while recording
for the recording try this application"
http://www.nch.com.au/recordpad/index.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us