Question : Problem: How to use HD Resolution between my graphics card and LCD monitor?

I have a HANNS-G 22" TFT LCD Monitor and a GeCube Radeon HD 3870x2 PCI-e graphics card.  The 3870x2 has 2 DVI outputs available on the card, and 1 S-Video output.  The monitor has 1 DVI-D (DVI/YPbPr) input and 1 VGA input.

Currently, I have the monitor attached to my graphics card via the VGA ports.  When I attempted to use the DVI-D port on my monitor with my graphics card - I would receive no display on my monitor, just a blank screen?  The graphics card was supplied with a DVI to VGA convertor, 1 DVI to HDMI adapter, and 1 S-Video to HD YPbPr adapter.

The manuals for both the monitor and card are somewhat vague about how to actually connect one to the other in order to enjoy the highest resolutions.  That said, I am at a complete loss on how to route the proper connections to take advantage of HD quality viewing.

If anyone has had some experience with this issue, you input would be invaluable.  I eagerly look forward to any information you could provide to help me determine the proper connection for HD quality resolutions on my monitor.  If it helps the maximum resolution for my monitor is 1680x1050 @ 75Hz.  It is a 22" Widescreen.

Answer : Problem: How to use HD Resolution between my graphics card and LCD monitor?

Connect the monitor to your video card with the DVI cable, have both turned on and look for a button on the front of the monitor that switches the video input.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us