Question : Problem: need a powerful small (14") laptop with XP

my computer will not survive my work in Africa (Toshiba---dying) and I need to buy another one ASAP with XP (NO VISTA OF ANY KIND--WENT THRU 3 THESE 3 WEEKS AND DON'T WANT ONE IF IT IS GIVEN TO ME FREE). HAS TO HAVE GOOD BATTERY TIME (no electricity in places). It will be used to issue reports to different parts of the worlds mainly Office 2007 stuff. Any idea what I could get???? I will wait for Windows 7. Small "powerful HP" almost caught fire running ultimate. Any help will be very welcome
regi
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
Isn't there anyone there who can give me a suggestion of what to do now, even though I know that in the future I will need to to change computers???

How about even buying a refurbished XP which can do the job?????? please please please HELP. I DID NOT ADD ZONES BECAUSE I THINK IT IS PRETTY CLEAR WHAT I NEED.  YOU WILL BE HELPING TO CREATE SELF-SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL /FOOD RESOURCES FOR PARTS OF AFRICA WHERE FOOD IS BECOMING UNAVAILABLE.
Open in New Window Select All

Answer : Problem: need a powerful small (14") laptop with XP

reginaceli,

Do you not want a new computer or just want to make sure it has XP?  You can get new laptops from some makers still with XP.  It will actually have a Vista disc too but come with XP on it as a "downgrade."  Lenovo, formerly IBM, is the maker I prefer and their T series is my favorite.  For something reliable, light and with good battery life I recommend them.  You can customize the specs to get as much power as you need.  The 14" screen will most likely be widescreen but there really isn't any way to avoid that anymore.  Let me know if you have a question about what you find there or about what I have suggested.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

b0lsc0tt
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us