Question : Problem: Changing Mini PCI-e Wireless Card in Gateway MT6460 Laptop

I recently purchased a Gatway MT6460 Laptop.  It came with Windows Vista Home, however I am not big fan of the operating system.  I loaded Windows XP on the system, and found all of the drivers from Gateways site.  I finally found the driver for the wireless card from drivers guide page.  It is a Realtek wirelss card and I not real thrilled with the functionality.  The setup program has spelling error and is extremely flaky.  However it does function using the windows zero wireless support.  I figured that I would change the card, it is a mini pci-e card.  I looked on their site and they have instructions on how to do this, but when I place an intel card in the slot it basically just reboots the laptop and never posts.  In the Bios Phoenix Bios 84.08 the wirelss opton is grayed out and it states [RESTORE].  I've never seen this before.  Curious if anyone else has tried this  and if they were successful.  Any advice would be helpful.

Answer : Problem: Changing Mini PCI-e Wireless Card in Gateway MT6460 Laptop

You could use  PCMCIA wireless card or a usb. Is it the Intel wireless mini-pci?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us