Question : Problem: Creating and Deploying a multiple partition image with raid 1 using ghost

I am trying to make and deploy an image for a graphics lab that has 12 Dell Precision T3400s.  they all have raid and two exact copies of the drives.  i am looking for a basic process of what i would have to do to deploy this image,specifically, do i have to set up the raid on all 12 of them first as it is a hardware raid device and they are configured already in the factory defaults.  and will i have to take both partitions or can i just clone the one?  the second partition is going to be blank, a place just for the students to store data on so they dont have to pull everything from the server all the time.  

Answer : Problem: Creating and Deploying a multiple partition image with raid 1 using ghost

Hi,

The process is as you decribe:
1. Create the Raid and Logical Drives in every machine.
2. Use Ghost to deploy your image.

You have to option to deploy one partition, or the hole HD, the choice is yours. But i can not see the reason why not deploy your image as it is now (with two partitions) and if you want you can empty the second partition later by formatting it.

With Regards.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us