Question : Problem: Netware 6.5: Can see only one LU per iSCSI target.

Hello,
I am using Novell Netware 6.5 server to connect to an iSCSI target, the iSCSI target is Sanrad's VSwitch 3800 (http://www.sanrad.com), it's an hardware iSCSI gateway. Anyway when i connect to the iSCSI target i only see the last LUN (with the highest ID) in the target, for example, if i have a target named tar1 with 4 LUs exposed on it (LUNs 0 - 3) I will only see LUN 3 as a storage device in the Netware server, I tried to change the "Number of lun probes per target" parameter from 1 to 20 and restart the server and still got only the last LUN, i tried to login to the iSCSI target through the Remote Manager and through the server command-line interface - and still no solution.
I tried googling for this problem but could not find anything, I would like to hear if anyone has any ideas on how to solve it.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

Answer : Problem: Netware 6.5: Can see only one LU per iSCSI target.

I suppose, if the answers to my questions don't pan out, it might make sense to try the Windows iSCSI initiator test, but if the NetWare 6.5 box isn't at SP6 with the latest WINSOCK and the latest iSCSI initiator, it's kind of a waste of time, IMHO, to try to prove whether its the NetWare iSCSI initiator or the Sanrad box.  

iSCSI requires WINSOCK.  Both WINSOCK and the iSCSI initiator should be the most current available.  If the iSCSI initiator is current but WINSOCK is from a three-year-old support pack, then you have to expect it not to work quite right.

Not unlike Microsoft, it's a good idea when troubleshooting to make sure your patch levels are current.  Unlike Microsoft, Novell's patches don't quite so frequently break functionality, but that's another day's discussion ;)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us