Question : Problem: Toshiba SD-M1212 Drivers

Teen grandkids were trying to play a DVD movie on my system.  I have a Toshiba SD-M1212 DVD that "used" to be listed in device manager under "harddisk controllers"  I don't know what they did, but now in device manager under"harddisk controllers" there are 3 things listed.  #1 is, Intel 82371AB/EB BCI Bus Master IDE Controller, #2 is Primary IDE Controller (dual fifo), #3 is Secondary IDE Controller (dual fifo).  What happened.  They told me they were trying to load a driver they thought wasn't properly loaded.  I bought this system from Video Personalities 4 years ago.  As all know they were victims of "Fountain Technologies" I had a system crash about 2 years ago and had to reformat and install windows, (OS is Win 98).  Being totally new to computers it was a learning experience for sure.  All I have for drivers is a "Hardware Driver" cd that they send with 100's of drivers on it.  Unless know what is exactly in my system it was hard to find the drivers.  But Windows reconized my harddrive and the Toshiba DVD ROM.  Now it doesn't.  At least not as a it was "Toshiba SD-M1212 DVD-ROM.  What did they do and is there a way I can fix it?  My system is an Inteva PC-875.  Pent.III, 450 Mhz.  The DVD was 4.8X DVD CD-ROM.  It there anyway you can help me?

Thank you

Answer : Problem: Toshiba SD-M1212 Drivers

Hi grandma,

I need you to do a few things.

1. As you boot the PC, press the Pause key to stop the memory count. I need the BIOS numbers that appear in the upper left and also lower left of the screen. This will help me identify who made the motherboard so I cna get your proper drivers.

2. Can you go to Device Mangler and tell me what is listed under CD-ROM drives? It is not unusual to have 3 drivers for a PII type system. The "global" driver for the controller and 1 for the primary and one for the secondary controllers.

3. Do you have any yellow exclamation points or question marks? If so, what is listed as the device?

George
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us