Question : Problem: Very Best Way to Move Itunes library from one computer to another using a flashdrive?

When checking the Apple website, it says the best way to move the itunes library from one computer to another is to use  the internal ackup option to burn it to cds or dvds. I have a very large library, and want to move it via a flashdrive. I can't seem to find a streamlined way to do that.

Best, least complicated method?

Thanks, Erin C-H

Answer : Problem: Very Best Way to Move Itunes library from one computer to another using a flashdrive?

Hello erinch,

I believe you should be able to find the actual files on your hardrive most likely under you my documents under music...or wherever you have pointed ITUNES to store music...You can find that directory by going to ITUNES --> Edit Menu --> Preferences --ADvanced Tab --> General Tab --> ITUNES Music Folder Location...that should be where all your music is.  Also make sure that you had a check box next to "Copy files to ITUNES Music folder when adding to library".  If not you may have files elsewhere.  If you only have stuff purchased from ITUNES then you are fine but if you had a prior MP3 or other music file collection they may be wherever they were normally stored before you used ITUNES.

Copy all the files onto the new PC, Point ITunes to that location on the new PC....then authorize that PC via ITUNES and test....if all is working de-authorize on the old one and you are all set....Or leave them authorized if you are using ITUNES on both PCs and they belong to you.  I was assuming you were selling or disposing of the initial PC and hence might want to deauthorize the computer

Regards,

dis1931
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us