Question : Problem: PC restarts regularly with debugger saying following error- '_VAL_UC_EN_PCC_BUSCONNERR<wbr />_F'

Hi,

My PC is restarting often, mainly when connected to internet and voice chatting. The issue is there for nearly 6 months at least now...

It also restarts on other occasions when I am just opening IE, or just open webcam, etc. It ends with BSOD- 9c error.

I have attached the logs of windows debugger and the system infomation (Intel P IV- 2.4 GHz + Gigabyte Motherboard) in the zip. I have already run mem tests with > 7 passes, and there are no errors found.

All antivirus (bit defender)/ad-aware is updated and show no issues.  

Power supply, RAM, HArd Disk has been changed. Also Motherboard service was done. Still no respite from this issue.

Thanks in advance for helping me on this,

Rgds,
Sivaram

Answer : Problem: PC restarts regularly with debugger saying following error- '_VAL_UC_EN_PCC_BUSCONNERR<wbr />_F'

You should really remove the heatsink from the CPU. Often the thermal transfer paste or pad between the CPU ages and then it won't be able to properly transfer the heat to the heatsink. Also, if the grid has plenty of dust, the heat can't properly dissipate.

Overclocking is usually set via the BIOS, sometimes also through software. So check the BIOS settings. If you reset it to factory defaults it'll normally be OK.

It is always also possible that RAM is bad even if you replaced it, or sometimes the slots where the modules are in could be bad. Test your RAM using memtest86+ which you'll find on the UBCD, and test only single modules at once.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us