Question : Problem: WM phones not syncing with Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003 Premium

I have three WM phones that no longer sync over the air or when cradled. They all give the error message above (0x85010014) after a few minutes of being stuck on 'Looking for Changes'. To the best of my knowledge no changes were made on the server. The first phone stopped syncing about a week ago, the second two days ago and the third yesterday. If something got misconfigured why wouldn't they all stop working at once? All of the users can send and receive email properly using outlook 2003.

I've attached the verbose log files from one of the phones.
There are no events logs on the server.
The phones can access and login to https://servername/oma just fine without any errors.

Just to give a little background, QuickBooks is running off of the same server and our users have recently reported that it is taking much longer to load the company file. Additionally, the server performance report has intermittently began coming in the form attached below. I'm not asking anyone to help me solve these two issues but they might point to something bigger?

Answer : Problem: WM phones not syncing with Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003 Premium

Jeff,

I believe our problem is solved.

I had a consultant come over yesterday and he spent nearly four hours checking everything and he said that everything was set up correctly. He thought it was a Sprint issue. I called up Sprint, they said that it's our system. I then considered calling Microsoft Phone Support but right before I did that I remembered that Link Speed can have an effect on network performance (since this spread from just the phones to QuickBooks and other file-based operations). I changed the Link Speed on both adapters to the maximum allowed on their respective switches. 1000Mb/Full for the LAN and 100Mb/Full on the WAN. Immediately after doing this all of the problems above went away! QuickBooks even runs five times faster than before. Logging onto and off of workstations takes no time at all.

Moderator,

Please close this question and refund my points as this issue was resolved by myself.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us