Question : Problem: Receiving PCL XL Error message on HP 4600DN

I am receiveing an error message from HP 4600DN printer.  See below:
PCL XL error
  Subsystem: USERSTREAM
  Error: MissingData
  Operator: ReadFontHeader
  Position: 22
I currently have PCL 6 drivers installed.  I previously reverted back to PCL 5 driver to see if that help, of it did not.  I am at a lost of what to do to correct this problem.  Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Woodie

Answer : Problem: Receiving PCL XL Error message on HP 4600DN

What happens with full driver downloads is that HP adds a bunch of extra "features" (for instance toner level monitor) on your print server.  These tend to cause problems when the print server tries to use these features.  To install the minimum drivers, you won't use HP's installation program, but instead add the printer manually.  To do so, go to Printers & Faxes, Add Printer, click Next, check Local/uncheck Automatically.../click Next, define the port the printer is on/ click Next/ click Have Disk.

If your HP drivers have been extracted to a file location, you will now browse to that location and use the minimun drivers.

I worked at a rather large site where these extra features created a virus like symptom when admins remoted into the servers and the HP drivers decided to replicate to the workstation.  Eventually they started locking up our servers.  Our cure was to eliminate all of the "super" drivers and go with the minimun drivers as detailed above.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us