Question : Problem: Syncing Exchange server with iPhone first generation (non 3G)

I just learend to setup a iPhone 3g with Exchange it works very well and the user is very happy!
Now other users want there iPhoens setup. I have a user with an iPhone (non 3g; GEN 1).
Her email is on another domain hosted on the same mailserver that I set up the SSL cert on.

SSL cert on mail.domainA.com, this server also takes mail for domainB, DomainC and DomainD.
All users go to OWA through mail.domainA.com. So since domainA does all the work  the SSL should not be an issue, correct?

I attemtped to setup the 1st GEN iphone the same as the 3G phone but I got an error I could not authenticate, then I hit cancel and entered mail.domainA.com and I received a could not authenticate error.

Am I missing something here? Obviously but not real sure right now what that is.

Answer : Problem: Syncing Exchange server with iPhone first generation (non 3G)

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but it's possible that it uses some sort of settings auto detection and gets the mail server wrong. Was the account added, or did it get aborted before you got that far? If the account is actually there, try going to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> [your exchange account] -> Account Info. There you've got separate fields for Server and Domain - you may have to specify both for accounts not on domainA.

HTH.

Sverre
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us