Question : Problem: microphone and speakers do not work with windows vista on messenger live.

I have installed the latest drivers. I have checked control manager : mic and speakers appear working. I can use speakers to receive sound from internet, discs, itunes.
I have checked the messenger configuration: the speakers work  when I run tools, set up. Speakers dont work when attempting to communicate with somebody. The mic does not work at all. I can hear some sound from mic but no voice, Volume is as high as it will go and mic is on.
My question is : would an external sound card work with vista as an upgrade?
I was thinking of soundblaster live, 24-bit external.

Answer : Problem: microphone and speakers do not work with windows vista on messenger live.

Unfortunately I did not receive a solution to my problem. So I decided to solve it myself.

I would like to pass it on in case somebody has issues involving the microphone and speakers with Messenger and voice recognition.

I have the onboard soundcard: soundMax integrated HD audio and windows vista home premium. I had the latest drivers and all the settings in place. I could not use mic or speakers.

SOLUTION: I bought CREATIVE BLASTER CONNECT,  USB audio.
Mic and  Speakers work perfectly.
I hope this can help somebody else.
I would like to thank the people that emailed me
Blizzard24
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us