Question : Problem: Problem now with every pc game [graw 2, crysis 2, rainbow 6 vegas, etc..   When the games launch, the intro music themes now stutter and game video runs slow.

When the games launch [graw 2, crysis 2, rainbow 6 vegas, etc.. ] , the intro music themes now stutter and game video runs slow.  The player movement is as everything is in slow motion.  Even the AI characters.

I first thought it was video card [replaced ati x1600 with new nVidia 7600] - no joy.  Then bought a Creative SB X-Fi to use instead of the AC97 - no joy.  Tho I am happy with the overall sound now and video in other areas.  Ran chkdsk, defrag, super antispyware, regcure, virus scans - no joy. Reseated memory, clean housing [air can].  Now once in a great while, i would re-install a game [crysis] and then everything works for a while, then boom, gone again. Then re-installing the same game the next time doesn't do jack.  I have also reinstalled just directx 9.0c with same results as the game install.  

Nothing seems consistent.  The last major thing i had done was upgrade to SP3.  I am loosing my mind!
Any thoughts anyone...please, its driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: Problem now with every pc game [graw 2, crysis 2, rainbow 6 vegas, etc..   When the games launch, the intro music themes now stutter and game video runs slow.

I would check to see if another program is causing the issue.  This is easily done by using msconfig (click on start then run and type in msconfig).  In msconfig go to the startup tab and uncheck everything.  then reboot and see if your game has a problem.  If it works well then you can go back in and recheck only the most important stuff, like antivirus.  Then test out the game again.  If it's still running well, you could go back and recheck more things, or if it was me I'd probably just leave them unchecked.

If that doesn't help at all then bank in msconifg you can go to the services tab and check the tab that says "hide all of MS services" then uncheck all these services and try the game again.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us