Question : Problem: Can't configure 1440 x 900 resolution on Viewsonic VA1703wb monitor

Hi,
I got a Viewsonic VA1702wb monitor and a ATI Radeon 7000 series video card. When I first got the monitor I could not get the correct resolution it (1440 x 900), then I got the latest version of the card's driver from the manufacturer page, installed it and was able to set the proper resolution, this was 2 months ago. This morning my PC froze, so I rebooted it, but the resolution was set back to 1280 x 1024. I tried to change the configuration but the 1440 x 900 option is not available, I also tried to do it from the Catalyst Control Center, but nothing there either. I uninstalled the drivers and the card and installed the back but the problem persists.

Any idea???

Thank you.
Ron

Answer : Problem: Can't configure 1440 x 900 resolution on Viewsonic VA1703wb monitor

You may have to force the resolution. Go into -->Display Properties-->Settings then -->Advanced button. Choose the -->Adapter tab click on the -->List All Modes button. Is there a setting for 1440 x 900.
If there isn't, you could try Powerstrip which allows you to customize resolutions.
http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
very strange that the resolution isn't there as you have used it before, It could be due to a corruption in the OS when the PC froze.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us