Question : Problem: Backup Exec and Cluster "DATA" backup on storage server

Using Veritas Backup Exec v10.1, and Server 2003 across all my servers with the latest Service Packs.
Everything is working fine, and this is merely a question for assistance on suggestions in performing the following task:

We are running a cluster of two PowerEdge servers, and we are looking to install the remote agent in order to backup our Cluster "Shared Storage" device where all our profile data is stored.
We also want to insure that the Cluster and Windows operating system state is backed up as a bonus to this question, but the data is the most important part to this process.

Points will be awarded on who gives me assistance, and not just give me links to other websites that I have to dig information up from.

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: Backup Exec and Cluster "DATA" backup on storage server

Hi! You have to install the agent on both cluster nodes. Then you configure Backup Exec to backup the Cluster IP/Cluster name. For instance; You have two nodes 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.6 the cluster ip adress is 10.0.0.7. Then you have to configure one policy for each node including the cluster ip/name. For each cluster node configure backup of the local disks and system state. For the cluster address, configure it to backup the cluster disk. Hope this helps!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us