Question : Problem: Arkeia or Arcserve v11.  Besides cost.

Need some help deciding on whether to go with Arkeia running on Linux backuping up Windows as well or Arcserve V11 running on Windows backuping up Linux.  OS aside, both products seem to be pretty comprable except Arcserve is considerably cheaper.  I have been doing search to try and find reviews or feedback on both products but can't find anything concrete.  Currently our infrastructure is small being a new company.  2 W2K boxs running file servers, Active Directory and Exchange and 3 Linux boxes running Sybase, JBoss and a few other apps.  At this point I am at a loss.  I would like to go with Arkeia simply because I preferr any flavor of UNIX over Windows, but to be fair I can't look at it form that perspective.  The cost of Arcserve is a lot cheaper which is placing it at the top with the Powers that be.  Considering they both will provide the same function, but one is that much cheaper...  We are not quite at a "enterprise" level but do have the potential and it could be nice to already have a product to scale with our growth.  The hard part is showing this to balance the cost.  Any help would be great, as well as any reference to articals etc.  Thanks all.

Answer : Problem: Arkeia or Arcserve v11.  Besides cost.

Well I've not used Arkeia, but I am an ARCserve user from way back. I have been using version 11 for about a week so far. I do not backup Exchange but the enhanced Exchange agent for v. 11 is a big improvement. From a friend who does use it to backup EXchange he says there is no comparison mainly because of the ability to run more than one EXchange backup at a time and the new agent for bricks will backup attachments only one time, it is way faster than older versions.

If you are into command line then here also v. 11 is a big improvement. It has gained a lot from the Enterprise version.

So I'm afraid that I'm not going to be much help in making the case for Arkeia.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us