Question : Problem: Brand new Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP @n doesn't boot

Hi there,

I think I'm missing something so I quickly post something in cas someone would have a magic idea.

I've just purchased a brand new MB Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP @n, an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 x 1Gb of RAM DDR3 10666 and a new PSU Corsair 530w. I've installed everything in my Antec P150 box. I followed carefully the user manual to make sure I wouldn't forget something.

The PC is now setup, but when I press the power button, nothing happen. I can see the green led on the board, but nothing happens, no fan spinning, no video signal nothing. It's like if the MB wouldn't receive the "startup" signal. So I thought I made a mistake with the PWR connectors. I double checked everything and it's installed according to the manual. I've also tried to shortcut the two pins for the power, but nothing happens.

I've connected the 24pins power connecter as well as the 8 pins one (also tried with the 4 pins one).

Any idea what I'm missing?

Answer : Problem: Brand new Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP @n doesn't boot

for the record:

OK I finally went to an IT shop and they found what the problem was.
They discovered that the BIOS of the MB was too old to support the Intel E8400. Luckily they had a Q6600 (or something like that) available and when they installed their CPU, the MB booted just fine. Only then they were able to flash the BIOS (quite difficult without video output) and once the BIOS was updated to the latest version, they reinstalled the E8400 and the MB started.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on. So I hope this will help someone.

On the other hand, I had to pay 100 EUR for the service in the IT shop (they've spent +/- 2h on this so the price is fair), but I do not find very fair that even though I bought a CPU listed in the MB documentation as supported, I had to have a spare CPU to be able to flash the BIOS. To be frank I think I'm going to open a support ticket to Asus ad ask compensation.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us