Question : Problem: Hardware & Software tools

Hello EE,

I plan on starting up a small business in my town for computer repair. I was wondering if anyone could possible help me or let me know what Hardware tools and Software tools should i purchase in troubleshooting, other than your basic screwdriver tools. I would like to be able to recover deleted files, trouble shoot bad RAM, troubleshoot motherboards, troubleshoot processors, troubleshoot video cards, and i would also like to create an image for computer of clients i already have to then if i need to i can reimage the computers using the image i create, HOWEVER i'm not sure what software i should purchase to do this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Answer : Problem: Hardware & Software tools

Yes- fixing the MBR does not require a license
Yes- the product key is the license not the cd.(but you're not allowed to make copies)You will find that you need to be explicit with the XP version as well as which service pack is installed. Also that OEM versions (HP,DELL,Emachine) etc) will not work with a retail XP cd and a OEM product key.

There are many programs on the UBCD that can be used for diagnosing. It's one of the best.
UBCD4Win is another that is good.
GetDataBack--> recovery tool
Memtest -->ram( is included in both UBCD and UBCD4Win)
Knoppix--> A linux based bootable live cd that can enumerate hardware in its startup and show errors if a problem arises, or, if it runs perfectly, then it shows that its more likely a software issue rather than hardware.

In all, experience is the best tool, and EE is probably the best tool you can use as the experts here have a wealth of knowlecge to share.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us