Question : Problem: New system will not boot after CMOS reset (clear RTC RAM)

First boot on brand new system (see bottom) resulted in the final message "Unknown CPU detected, updating BIOS is required to unleash its full power! New CPU installed! Please enter Setup to configure your system.
Chassis intruded!
Fatal Error... System Halted."
(I do not have the chassis intrusion system connected, and the jumper is where it's supposed to be.)

I browsed the net for solutions to the "fatal error" problem, and I see that this is a problem many people experience with ASUS motherboards. The most common advice is to Clear RTC RAM, so I cleared the RTC RAM (CMOS) doing exactly as the manual says (removing power cord and MB battery, moving the jumper for 5-10 sec, putting the jumper back, reinstalling the battery, etc.).
After clearing the RTC RAM i am not able to boot the system at all. The PSU comes on when I press the power button, and the fans start spinning, but I get no picture, no beeps, no nothing.

What should I do know? Is the motherboard "dead"? Was it always bad, or was it wrong of me to clear the RTC RAM?

(All connections triple checked. The battery is in the right way and is full of juice, and the jumper is back to default. I have tried disconnecting all disks, front panel USB, etc. External connections: PS2 keyboard, DVI monitor, USB mouse.)

System: Asus P5E3, Intel E8400, Club3D 8800GT, Corsair DDR3 (2*1GB), OCZ StealthXstream 600W

Answer : Problem: New system will not boot after CMOS reset (clear RTC RAM)

If Steve is correct and you did brick it, you can still send it to the manufacturer and they can fix it.  Since this is a new MB and you couldn't get it to correctly identify your CPU (granted you purchased a MB and CPU that are compatible) then there were issues upon startup.  The only thing I can really say is that you didn't call asus support right away and get and RMA number.  Luckily if you purchased in the past few days and depending where you purchased it at they should replace it for free.

Yes if you take the RAM out you will hear a constant Beep when you turn your PC on.  No it will not damage the hardware.  Thats the purpose of POST.  

If you've tried reseating everything, removed the CMOS battery, tried another reset, AND if you have tried calling ASUS support, then you've done pretty much everything you COULD do.  Sometimes these things happen.  When I order from newegg every now and then I get a bad part too, sometimes it's easier to just send it back -- or course the wait time kills ya. If you purchased a whole PC from a big retail manufacturer you can see if you can call them and find a service station close by.  If thats the case they should fix it for free on a new PC, but it sounds like you built your own.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us