Question : Problem: "USB Over Current Status Detected,  Computer will shut down in 15 seconds" can't figure it out

OK here it is,  I start up the computer only to have it hang with the message " USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!", before loading Windows, everything seems fine in the POST. Now I have not seen this since Windows 95.  Can't find a solution on the web so i thought I would challenge you guys (the pros).

I have cleared the CMOS and that has worked.  I have unplugged all USB devices, but I can not get windows to load to take it away.  I can not even get into the BIOS.  The floppy is set to 1st boot and it will not bnoot to DOS, also have tried the Install CD, no luck.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!  anyone out there any ideas would be helpful.

In Addition to the above I have torn down the build and rebuilt it from the ground up to see what the problem is piece by piece. Each time I think I have it it gives me the same error message before windows loads " USB Over Current Status Detected,  Computer will shut down in 15 seconds".  at which point it does and I have to clear the CMOS to get it to run again.  One thing that is very strange and may have no Bering on this is it seems to run fine and then I close the case (ThermalTake Tai Chi, with water cooling) and the message reappears.

Again help would be appreciated.

Here are the specs:
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MOBO
AMD X2 4800
Corsair XMS 3500LL pro 1024 x4
PC Power and cooling 850
WD Raptor 74 x2
x-fi sound card

Help please, I am stumped as to what to do

Answer : Problem: "USB Over Current Status Detected,  Computer will shut down in 15 seconds" can't figure it out

It sounds like you are performing a CMOS reset each time.  Is your power supply ok?  Have you tried a different one, in case there's something wrong with it?  It could also be a short of your motherboard against the case, with the motherboard being flexed when you connect something or close the case.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us