Question : Problem: Dell Inspiron 8200 not powering up

I am trying to help my friend out.  The laptop is out of warranty but we already try several things.  When I push the power button, the power, num, cap, and scroll lock light will light up for a second and go off.  No fan noise, just the lights.  I called Dell and they went through a bunch a diagnostic and told me that it was a bad motherboard.  I bought a motherboard from a company that sells refrubish Dell parts on ebay.  When I switch it out, the synthom was the same.  I then found the problem could be due to a DC Board / Poweboard on the motherboard.  Got the board today from another company selling on ebay.  Still the same synthom.  I even try different combination of the motherboards and DC board.  Not sure how to check if the new motherboard and DC Board I got works.  Could it be the cpu?  Any help is appreciated.

Patrick

Answer : Problem: Dell Inspiron 8200 not powering up

the only way you could test those is to install that motherboard and DC board in another laptop which is the same model. Bout the only way I think.. have you checked the connection from the DC board to the Mother Board to make sure the wiring is correct? sometimes if reversed possible could have that effect...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us