Question : Problem: How do I disalble on-board video to use PCI VGA card?

I have a computer built on the  Giga-byte motherboard GA-7ZMMH.  It has on-board video and a 4x AGP card slot.  It is used by my daughter for gaming (she is 9).  To run the MS Viva Pinata game, I had to upgrade her video card.  I could not find an AGP 4x card that would run the game.  I did find a Diamond PCI card that would.  I installed it and got it working, but the computer still uses the on-board video for POST messages, and any other messages prior to Windows XP booting up.  We use the password protection on the machine to limit her access to it.  Unfortunately, the password screen is not available without a KVM  or switching the video cables from card to card.  I checked the bios, but there only seems to be a way to switch to the AGP card, not turn off the mb video???

Answer : Problem: How do I disalble on-board video to use PCI VGA card?

Link to manual for your board:    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Manual_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=Manual&FileID=15124

May be fighting a lost cause....didn't see anything in there in regards to disabling the onboard video.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us