Question : Problem: Printing to Citrix through VPN

First off, I'm a Citrix newbie.  Secondly, I inherited everything that you're about to read.  :-)

Here's the situation.

Main Location has a Citrix Server running MetaframeXP on Windows 2000.  We'll call is TSMain.  
There's also a Mail Server with Windows 2000 and Active Directory. We'll call this one NTMain.  
They connect through a Cayman Router that has DSL.

Location 1 is a LAN with only a DSL Router.  They have 8 users in this office.  Currently they have an HP 4 Plus Setup with a share name of LOC1Laser.  IP address is 192.168.1.49, Subnet is 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway is 192.168.1.254.  My task is to remove this printer and hookup an HP 8100.  Here's the issue.  

On the Citrix Server, LOC1Laser has an IP address of 68.157.126.200 (under Ports) in the Printers Folder. I'm thinking that maybe this IP is the static IP of the router at LOC1 and maybe there's a forwarder setup in the Router.  The only problem is, I don't have the router password (we're working on that though).
Under Management Console, it has the LOC1Laser listed with a HP 4 Plus Driver.
I went into the LOC1Laser in the Printers Folder (not Management Console) and changed the driver to the 8100.  

I went into the 8100 and changed the settings to be the same as the 4 Plus.  Ip - 192.168., etc, etc.  Great.  Everyone there can print locally.  However, when they connect to Citrix and try to print from a Citrix application, they can't print.  

What am I doing wrong? I haven't changed any of the other setting in Citrix because I'm afraid to.  I've checked the Auto Connect Client Settings and those appear right, but truthfully, I don't know what I'm looking for.  

Please Help.  

Answer : Problem: Printing to Citrix through VPN

are you able to ping the address of 68.157.126.200 from the citrix server?  

That is a very weird way to configure printing to do port fowarding on the router.  I don't know if you are open to suggestions but I think your ideal method would be to allow local printer mappings in citrix.  This basically will automatically create the clients default printer when they log into citrix (you can actually have it create all client printers if you desire, but default is probably the preferred method).

If you want more info on how to change your printer settings let me know (I'm not sure how familiar you are with citirx, but it's a pretty easy setup).  

If your only option is to use the same printer setup that you currently have, let me know if you can ping that address and we'll go from there.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us