Question : Problem: hpw to connect a linksys quick vpn client to RV042

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to connect the two together...  
Senario:

XP Pro w/ Linkaya VPN client ---> nat router ---> comcast cable modem---> internet
internet---> sprint/earthlink dsl---> rv042---> corp lan

All seems to go well up to "Verifying network" which fails and says remote gateway is not responding...
the internet connection is up (I can access the config pages on the rv042 from the remote machine)
the xp machine is on a 10.190.38.0 nat network
the corp lan is on a 192.168.1.0 nat network

I have a feeling I don't have something set correctly on the rv042

Answer : Problem: hpw to connect a linksys quick vpn client to RV042

>> "I suppose one of the ISP connections went down momentarily"
Yes, likely. Connections often break briefly and the Quick VPN client has no option to automatically reconnect. If you are going to use this frequently or for long periods of time a more stable method is to add a VPN router locally or use a more versatile client like theGreenBow:
http://www.thegreenbow.com/vpn_down.html

>>"cannot see the windows server "
Have you tried connecting using IP and share name, such as
\\192.168.1.1\ShareName

Following should help with this as well. Will allow you to connect to server name.

NetBIOS names and DNS will not work properly with the Quick VPN client. Best work around for this is to make use of the LMHosts file on the local PC, with the Quick VPN client installed. The file is located in the folder:
  C:\Windows\System32\Drvers\Etc\LMHosts.sam
If you haven't used the file before it will have a .sam extension. When done save the file with no extension, this is important.
Anything in the file with a line starting # will be treated as a comment, you can leave the existing lines or delete them. At the bottom enter the IP address of the server (the domain controller), hit tab, enter the NetBIOS name of the server, hit tab and enter #pre (which preloads the entry when you next start the computer) and then hit enter. Must hit enter and cause the curser to return to next line for entry to be enabled. Then save. Sample:
192.168.1.100    DCServer    #pre
Try logging on to the domain now, it should be able to find the domain controller to process your logon.

Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: how to stop the external hard drive from turning on and off with the computer
  •  Problem: Speed Stream and Cisco - L2TP connectivity
  •  Problem: Trying to find the right RAM for my ABIT IS7 V2 motherboard. DDR RAM DIMM and SDRAM
  •  Problem: Pix to Netscreen VPN
  •  Problem: nVidia 7950x2 vs XFX Extreme 8800 GTS
  •  Problem: I have a Dell Optiplex 755 machine running Windows XP that I cannot connect to using remote desk top . It is running the Embassy Center Security would that have something to do with it?
  •  Problem: Remote control that can mute Windows XP microphone input
  •  Problem: Help with diagnosing fault on Sony Vaio VGN-FS285H
  •  Problem: WTF's up with my iSCSI network config ???
  •  Problem: I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless - G Broadband Router and want to use it only as an Access Point.
  •  
    programming4us programming4us