Question : Problem: Old Soltek motherboard needs replacement, but must be AGP to accomodate Quadro workstation Graphics card. - any suggestions please.

Hello.
I'm a designer and only use my desktop PC for CAD and Photoshop and only really when I need to work at home since I have a more up to date machine at the office.
It serves this purpose perfectly well at present, although I've noticed that one or two of the components on the motherboard (I think they are capacitors) appear to be leaking! Because of this I'm keen to replace the board before it fails, although it's pretty old and I'm struggling to find one.
The current board is a Soltek SL-75DRV2
I have an athlon XP processor and 2.25GB of PC2100 RAM fitted, along with two IDE internal hard drives and three PCI cards for USB2 compatibility and Network card etc.
I realise all this is very old hat these days, and probably fairly cheap to replace with something better. However, the main reason I'm stuck for a replacement is that I have an Nvidia Quadro FX3000 3D CAD workstation graphics card which is AGP and I need to keep that!

As far as I can see the only AGP compatible boards still on sale are crap (not to mention barely having any PCI slots) and so I'm hoping one of the experts on this forum can point me in the right direction for a new board which fits the bill before my old one dies on me..

The FX3000 is AGP 8X and my current motherboard is only 4X which is a waste, so I'd really like to find something that has an 8X slot and fits as many of the other bits I already have as possible..

If you have any ideas, please let me know..

Answer : Problem: Old Soltek motherboard needs replacement, but must be AGP to accomodate Quadro workstation Graphics card. - any suggestions please.

FIC K7MNF-64 NVIDIA nForce2 Socket A Motherboard

General Features:  
Socket A  
Supports up to 2 GB  (PC2100/PC2700/PC3200)  
Two (2) IDE controllers  
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet controller

Expansion Slots:  
One (1) 4x/8x AGP slot  
Three (3) PCI slots  
Two (2) 184-pin DIMM slots

Problem ... well depends how your 2gb of ram is built

===================================================================

Way more interesting

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000127

Foxconn 748K7AA 462(A) SiS 748 ATX AMD Motherboard

- AMD Athlon / Sempron / Duron processors, Socket 462
- DDR266/333/DDR400 x 3 DIMMs
- AGP 8X
- SATA x 2 with Raid 0,1
- 10 / 100 Mbps (IC Plus)
- IEEE 1394 (Fire Wire)
- 8 USB 2.0 ports

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us