Question : Problem: Local wireless to internal network VPN solution

Perhaps I am being excessively protective at home, but I still have some problems to solve. First let me describe the setup.

I am running a wired Linksys router connected to the internet. Connected to the wired router is my private network (Windows 2000 Advanced server and Win2K and XP clients) and in addition to this I have a second server dedicated as a VPN (Router and Remote Access) server. The VPN server is connected on the internal side to the wired router and on the external side to a Wireless Linksys router with only this one connection through a separate network card. The wireless router is not connected to the internet.

The wireless router is allowing wireless activity for me within my home network. It is running in a non-broadcasted, WEP, MAC filter mode. However, since I am in a city and WEP is not ideal for security, the only way I can connect to my private wired network is through the VPN server. So if someone does gain access to the wireless network they can do no harm... they can't access the internet and they can't come into the wired network unless they have an account on the VPN server (running PPTP connection).  

Most of this configuration is working as designed.
  - When I am on the wired network, I have full functionality on the web or in the intranet.
  - When I am on the wireless, I have to penetrate the VPN to gain access to the wired network and/or the web.  Access to the VPN server is granted and access to the web is granted.

The one problem that I can get a hold on is that all the hardware on the wired network can not see or ping the VPN server or the wireless clients mounted through the VPN connection.  I have added static routes to the VPN server that allow it to see the rest of the network (wired or wireless)... before I added these, the VPN server could not see outside of itself.  

The main problem is...  If I am on a wireless computer and connected via the VPN I can surf the web (through the wired router WAN), but I cannot see or ping the other wired hardware... most importently I can see the Win2K Adv Server that runs the main internal network and acts as a file server for the wired network,

Open for inputs and suggestions.

Answer : Problem: Local wireless to internal network VPN solution

I just found this it might answer your last problem
To appear in My network places, you need to have NetBios name resolution because broadcasts don't get propogated across the VPN by default. Think of it as a regular WAN connection. This article explains how browsing works over a WAN:

How Browsing a Wide Area Network Works:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q117633&
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us