Question : Problem: keyboard not recognized

I have problems with my HP Pavilion notebook from the 3000 series with Vista Business on it.  

The drama started 2 days ago: the PC booted as usual, I entered my password and was put into my account but then the keyboard and mousepad didn't do anything for me, the coursor was stuck, I couldn't get into the task manager. I don't have an additional keyboard, so I only could turn it off and on again.

The screen showed me the error message that windows hadn't shut down properly and recommended a disk scan but I actually couldn't do anything, No key was working for me. And the disk scan freezes at a couple percent. I tried it repeatedly, I am stuck here at that level.

However - I can get into the BIOS when it is booting up to the error screen. Unfortunately I am no expert with configurations and didn't know what to look for. I haven't done any setting changes in the BIOS for the notebook, it still has the configuation it came with and it worked fine before. I also didn't install any programs lately, I have no games or dodgy programs on it, I use internet but I have an up to date security suite. I didn't drop it, I didn't spill anything on it. It really happened out of the blue.

I borrowed an external keyboard which luckily worked so I could bypass the useless disk scan and Vista just booted up normally. And even the laptop keyboard worked then again. But the problem is still there. While I was frantically rescuing data onto my pen drive the screen just blackened and came on again and the keyboard was gone again and I am back at the beginning.

The notebook is only 2 month old and I brought it back to the job but the trader is not doing anything for me. Anyone have an idea what is wrong with it? I desperately need it to work. Maybe it is just needs a configuation change or something else simple. I am not very knowledgeable with computers in that matter.

Answer : Problem: keyboard not recognized

I suggest browse pavilion's web site for updated drivers.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us