Question : Problem: HP Laserjet 2550 and printing a 50MB PDF, VERY SLOW.

Now I have a 50MB PDF file, fully of graphics. Basically a magazine, 30 some pages. It has to be printed at the normal resolution quality, so I cannot lower it like some posts said when I searched here. The printer is a LaserJet 2550. I used the PS driver. Why does it takes 45 minutes to print? When I watch the print spooler on the local machine it sends it so slowly. The printer prints a page, waits minutes, sends another. What can I do to speed this up?

Answer : Problem: HP Laserjet 2550 and printing a 50MB PDF, VERY SLOW.

There are some things that you can do to speed it up, depending on circumstances.
Set the print driver to "spool jobs so that printing finishes faster" and start printing after last page has spooled" this ensures that timeouts are reduced to a minimum, the first page will take longer, but the others should print faster.
If using win2k or XP, disable "enhanced printer features"
If printing more than 1 copy, disable collate in the application and enable it in the print driver, that way the PC sends one copy and the printer prints the number you require.
On the printer, increae the buffer size and timeout values, if possible.
You do not say if this is a network connected machine or parallel port, but parallel ports printing is extermeley slow for lots of graphics.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us