Question : Problem: Backup a non-RAID hard disk to a RAID-1 array with Acronis True Image Enterprise Server

I have an IBM x306 server with an Adaptec 7901 array card. It cames with 1 36 GB SCSI disk inside. For a while I had installed a Windows 2000 adv. server in it. Yesterday, I wanted to change the disk with 2 73 GB SCSI disks with a RAID-1 array.
So, I took the backup with Acronis Enterprise Server (Full) to a file outside the server, I restored it to another disk and boot it OK, and finally I defined the RAID with the Adaptec utility. But, when it's comming up, it says "INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE".
Anybody can tell me how to do it ?

Answer : Problem: Backup a non-RAID hard disk to a RAID-1 array with Acronis True Image Enterprise Server

Because different ID that cause error INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. You might try backup data and do install OS again on raid level.

There is possible way to do too, you might try: http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm in section Raid Reconstruction. This process is compliate but it might help you to use current OS on new raid setup.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us