Question : Problem: Citrix servers rebooting intermittently....

I am NO Citrix expert, I'm a network guy, but my client asked me to look into a problem they were having with their Citrix Farm.

First, they have a grand total of 29 Citrix servers in one farm.  All are running MF Pres 4 on top of Windows 2000 Server.  The Win 2K servers are just member servers of a Windows 2003 server AD domain.

25 of those servers are used to support their client production systems, 3 are for development and 1 is for QA testing.

Ok, here's the deal.  Today around 11am, the SysAdmin, (for some unexplained reason), tried to run an update on one of the production Citrix servers for some sort of "Citrix executable".  (I do not know what it was, nor even why you would even TRY to update any server while it is in the middle of a production cycle....but I digress.)

The SysAdmin rebooted at least 2 of them, because they "hung during the update".  The question I have is this, would that event, (having to reboot 2 or 3 Citrix servers in a farm that 'hung up'), cause other Citrix servers to automagically reboot themselves for some reason?

If so, would there be some kind of log message created, and if so, where would I find it?

Thank you for ANY help!

Answer : Problem: Citrix servers rebooting intermittently....

Hi jgrammer42,

No, not that i'm aware of.. We use them also.. But make sure to use them as a fllback option, not as a higher speed option by tunneling them (not nesecarry).. Do keep in mind that only PS4 uses session reliability and make sure to enable it. Then, if one NIC fails the sessions will not be dropped....
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us