Question : Problem: Setting up printers over a Citrix environment?

I am trying to print labels from an application which has been deployed over citrix. The printer settings (Label size) seems to change depending on who is logged onto the citrix client. I'm not sure how to solve this. Any ideas?

Answer : Problem: Setting up printers over a Citrix environment?

What version of Citrix do you have?  PS4.0 has a Citrix policy option where you can define how printer properties are held (either on the client device or on the serer...meaning in the user's profile/HKCU).  Now here is what I would do: put a print server on the device and define it via IP address as a local printer on each of your terminal servers (or on a print server just for this purpose if you have many Citrix servers).  Then set security on the printer so that only the users who need it can access it (this hides it from irrelevant users; do this for all static printers on your Citrix servers).  Now, configure your options and they should stick.  

Otherwise you are dealing with a tricky issue.  If you are storing printer properties in the user's registry (HKCU) then you need roaming profiles to get changes to follow your users server to server.  If you are storing properties on the client device then your client may not have rights to change the properties (such as with a shared printer from a print server).  

There is another option in Citrix called Session Printers.  This is nice for things like WBTs/eTerms/Thin Clients because it can forcefully map a session printer for users based on many different combinations of factors.  

Hope this helps.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us