Question : Problem: HD won't boot after merging 2 partitions with Partition Magic 8.0

I used Partition Magic 8.0 to merge two partitions - c drive 32GB(master), d drive 8GB (slave) - and after rebooting and performing its batch process, at the end it gave me two "Error 504: file not found" messages, restarted the system, and initially windows XP started to load. However, when the black screen with the windows logo came out, the booting process stopped, restarted my computer again, and did not load since then. It tells me that the drive can't be identified and asks me to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to reboot...

How can I restore or undelete the partitions and recover my drive? I need to recover at least part of the information in there that I didn't had a chance to backup before I made the changes.

Answer : Problem: HD won't boot after merging 2 partitions with Partition Magic 8.0

Are these 2 seperate physical harddrives that you tried to combine into one?  Or just 2 partitions on the same drive?  Also, what format where the 2 partitions before you merged them?  If you just tried combinding 2 partitions that where on the same drive then try putting the harddrive in anouther system or make a bartpe cd and recover the data off the hdd that way.
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us