Question : Problem: HP LJ P1006 installation problems in Windows 2000, USB Device Malfunction

I am unable to install the printer to Windows 2000.

1. I run the setup.exe from original CD
2. when prompted to pugin the usb cable and power on the printer, instead of detecting the printer the detection fails into USB Device Malfunction.

I have already made some research + I have contacted few times HP Support for Czech Republic but the only result was that the technician had successfully installed the printer on his computer and thus there wasn't any problem there.

We have bought 10 of these printers, some of which I have installed properly, 1 I have installed, then when unplugged or plugged to another USB port it failed, and 1 I am unable to install at all.

I have been adviced to:
- uninstall all HP printers/devices connected via USB
- close all the programs during installation
- when it fails to remove the bad device in device manager and switch off the computer completely (sometimes worked)

Last time I tried all of these steps, even removing any HP dll that is being loaded with the system. Nothing works, still the detection of new hardware fails.

Thus I'd like to ask you for some step-by-step workaround how to make the system detect the printer correctly.

Answer : Problem: HP LJ P1006 installation problems in Windows 2000, USB Device Malfunction

i have tried another USB cable make sure it is USB2.0
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us