Question : Problem: Issue with HP printer, where can I order or get service manuals for printers?

I have a HP Officejet Pro K550 where a client has dropped the printer and the USB cord hit somethign on the way down and busted teh cord while in the printer.  Even with a new cord the printer is not recognized in windows.  The only thing I need is a service manual so I know how to get to teh circuit board where the USB port is to check it out.

I need to know if there are any websites where I can download service manuals and possibly schematics of different HP printers, since this is only 1 printer of many I need to try and repair..

Thanks for any help...

Answer : Problem: Issue with HP printer, where can I order or get service manuals for printers?

a couple of remarks :
-most printers keep closed by a "clip-on" mechanism.  In many cases, there are holes in the bottom, enabling the use of a screw driver to unlock them one by one.
-the ink is water based, so you can easily wash the parts clean in water; dry them  and use them again as new (even the boards if necassary - but be sure they are dry BEFORE using them - let them dry out on a central heater)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us