Question : Problem: Locking Screen Saver GPO problem

I have a W2K3 domain with (almost) all XP clients. We deliver Office 2K3 applications via Citrix to our users, all published apps (no desktops.)

We had a GPO setting for a required screen saver that will lock after 15 minutes that was in our default domain GPO. I have recently split that screen saver off of the domain GPO and put it in an individual GPO and linked it to several individual OUs where the user account's actually reside.

Unfortunately one of the side affects is that the Citrix sessions seem to be locking (the user has to enter their password to unlock it) after they haven't done anything in the application (such as Outlook) for 15 minutes.

Obviously this is very frustrating for the users. Since it's a User Configuration policy and not a computer configuration policy, I can't figure out how to filter it so that the screen saver won't kick in on a Citrix session, but will still work on their regular computer.

Anybody run into this, or have any suggestions? I appreciate your help!

Answer : Problem: Locking Screen Saver GPO problem

Is it safe to assume that you have Loopback processing enabled on your terminal server GPOs?  If so, you may need to set the sub-setting within the Loopback GPO to Replace rather than Merge.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us