Question : Problem: Packard Bell iMedia 1402 - Computer won't turn on - No Signal

Hi guys,

Recently purchased some memory from crucial for my iMedia 1402. Inserted the RAM, turned on the computer and it began beeping. I figured I must have inserted the memory incorrectly, so i re-seated the memory and turned it on again. Still the same problem, loud long beeps. Inserted the older memory but still the same problem. (The new memory i purchased from Crucial was the correct memory) The only way I could turn the computer off was by unplugging it. Now when I turn the computer on I don't even get any beeping. No signal comes to the monitor. The fans are spinning but there doesn't seem to be any activity with the Hard Drives, there is power going to the DVD Drive. Prior to the beeping noise vanishing I did smell some king of burning, I was worried that the motherboard was fried and if it has, has it killed the memory, graphics card and processor? Contacted the local computer shop who charge £47 before anything has even been done. If its a MB problem then I need to know where to get a new one from, and which one to buy. The trouble is I have no way of determining the problem. I'm wondering whether to just take it to the local computer shop where I will probably have to pay a lot more money. Anyone else experienced the same or know what the problem might be?

Many thanks for any help

Answer : Problem: Packard Bell iMedia 1402 - Computer won't turn on - No Signal

>> I did smell some king of burning
If really got the smell, I guess your RAM slot get burned and cannot be used any more due to plug in the RAM incorrectly / not fully seated ........  

If you got another laptop, suggest you take out all the parts from the old Laptop and test 1 by 1 in the laptop to see whether it is functioning ....... If you are not confident for yourself / your skills ...... suggest you bring to the shop ask for the help (prevent keep testing and keep making more things to get burned)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us